Sunday, September 28, 2014

Napa Valley Quilt Show

Spending the weekend in Napa visiting our close friends Suzanne and Meredith. Yesterday we visited the Napa Valley Quilter's guild quilt show. This feathered star and the quilting is my fav...
close up of the quilting by Deb Covington
also a fav...
and a few more... enjoy






The next one was pretty amazing art quilt
by Cathryn Zeleny
close up

There were large lights with bulbs that cast a yellow glow over everyone a did effect the color of the quilts. I edited some of the pics to help a little. The vendors were not happy with the lighting. I passed out a few applications to new to our guild vendors. Visited with Jill of A Designing Woman, she does each of our ASQG show for years. We love to see her applique patterns, they are beautiful. 

This quilt made by Patti Glenn may have been made from on of Jill's patterns. It's just her style. I really liked how Patti quilted this piece. A few really little quilts and one that is made in little sections, nice! 


Enjoy your weekend
We have more of Napa to explore
Groetjes, Jo

5 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a nice quilt show Jo. I'm going to be in Sacramento for a week in October. Do you know how I can find out about quilty events in the area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing show of quilts, can't think of a better way to spend time looking at pics of quilts with a cup of tea to hand! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great show. Wish I could of seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts, I am always humbled by so much talent. It looks like it was a fun show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really enjoying the pictures, but just stopped at the Burgoyne surrounded-watercolor quilt. That is stunning!!

    I wonder if the last one (done in pieces) might be a group effort?

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!