Monday, October 5, 2015

Country Roads Mystery

Last week was busy and it didn't leave me much time to work on Calypso. So instead I worked on a little project that Lori's posted on her Humble Quilts blog mid September ~ Country Roads Mystery Quilt along

Lori based her quilt on an inspiration quilt and reproduced it with red, blue and black blocks. Here is a link to Part One if you are interested in joining in or go to this link for Part Three to see the inspiration quilt and Lori's finished quilt.  

My blocks are scrappy, made from the fabric scraps from Amaretto Cottage, a quilt top finished recently. Despite working over the weekend, I made a little time to get 16 ~ five inch blocks finished. The QAL's quilt has 9 blocks, my plan is to keep going until I run out of scraps!

I have two ideas for setting the blocks, both have the blocks set on point. Will save that for another day. 

When I took Lynn Wilder's Patchwork Math workshop in August, Lynn had the nicest turntable cutting mat that she used for the workshop. I found one online a couple of weeks ago and it arrived over the weekend. Other than it's still stinky, I love it.
It also has a second circle for pressing which will be great for workshops :0)

Enjoy your week
Tot Ziens
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!