Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Westering Women ~ Independence Square


Independence Square ~ Block 1
Westering Women 

First block for Westering Women finished this evening! Yea! I jumped off the fence! Independence Square is the first block for Barbara Brackman's 2016 BOM on her Civil War blog. Great photos and history about the families that traveled West in wagon trains in the 19th century are included on Barbara's blog.  

The original Flickr site set up in 2011 for the Civil War Sampler is still in use and has more photos posted of finished blocks for this new BOM as well as last years Stars in a Time Warp. It's been awhile since I worked with eight inch measurements and cutting! A little rusty and I didn't get the best intersections ;0( I actually surprised myself that I remembered how to post my pic to the flickr site! Anyway, here I go starting a new quilt, pulled from stash. Block is done, now I have the rest of the month to set some goals and finish some UFOs. Life is good! Enjoy your week, take the time to make some stitches.

Tot Ziens, Jo

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!