Friday, July 22, 2016

Civil War at Sisters 2016

A few of the quilts displayed at Sisters 
made with Civil War reproduction fabrics... 


It was very windy by the afternoon which required 
taking turns holding corners in order to take pix! 


A nice Civil War Sampler 


This one was part of an exhibit by Moda 
featuring Eliza's Indigo by Betsy Chutchian


I like the alternate quilting with feathers and crosshatch



Wonderful fabrics!!! 

Hope you had a quilty week. 
Besides making progress longarm quilting with the cooler weather, 
worked on my Toes in the Sand this week. 
We met Wednesday evening with Kelly to finish the last blocks. 
Some of us got started on the background blocks and layout. 
Sew much fun to see our work coming together! 
Looking forward to meeting for Gypsy Wife on Sunday 
and laying out Pacific Crest with Pam B.

We are headed for triple digits coming up for at least a week... Arrrrg! 
Enjoy your weekend, stay cool! 
Tot ziens, Jo
 


3 comments:

  1. I like tumbling block quilts very much. I used to have an antique one from 1876 but sold it and have been sorry I did many times since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! My favorite type of quilts. I really wanted to go to Sisters this year, but was too tired from another trip. Hopefully, next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the eye candy - it was almost as good as being there in person! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!