Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mom

Where to start... It's been over a week since the Linda Ballard workshop. It seems like a few days ago. The past week and a half has been a whirl wind of appointments, consultations, decisions and ultimately an intake with Hospice for my Mom.

My Juki, bag of quilting supplies and the tote with fabric and started blocks from the workshop are all sitting in my studio unopened since the day of the workshop. That was Thursday May 7th. Today is the 17th of May so that was 10 days ago. wow, hard for me to wrap my head around that. 

Looking forward to finishing the project but it will be on hold for now. I sit here early morning listening to Mom breathing in the next room. This new phase of the journey began early Friday morning, April 24th when Mom fell at the residential care facility where she has lived off and on for the past 8 years since my father died.  Here is a blog post on my business blog about that morning when Mom fell.

Long story short, since then Mom refuses food, has been off and on for some time now, so weak she prefers to spend most of her time sleeping. She tells me she is tiered and wants to go home. 99 and a half years old and 97 pounds the day Michael and I took her back to our home, she doesn't have much to sustain her.

It's just past 5:30 am and Mom is calling out at the moment so I will post later when I am able. Just want to add that Hospice is amazing, I could not do this without them and Michael, he has been absolutely amazing!!! I can hear him talking to her right now.

Tot Ziens, Jo

1 comment:

  1. Jo, Marilyn gave us the news on your mother. I am so sorry. Please know that you are in my prayers. xox

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!