Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Westering Women

Barbara Brackman's Westering Women ~ 2016 BOM ~ 12 blocks, one each month posted the last Wednesday of each month. First block will be posted tomorrow. Exert from Barbara's initial post ~ "In 2016 we are going to feature a Block of the Month (here on Barbara's Civil War blog) for 12 months called Westering Women, celebrating the women who walked west on the overland trails in the 19th century."

Link to Barbara's Civil War Quilts blog post this morning with an introduction for the project with suggested settings for the blocks. Even if you are not up to starting a new project, this will be a good one to follow just for the history and stories that Barbara Brackman is so good at. Thank you Barbara. 

I love participating in Barbara's projects, both for the history as well as block and quilting history. Sew glad I found and participated in the very first project, a 2011 BOW which later was published into a 2012 book ~ Civil War Sampler by Barbara Brackman. Barbara contacted several participants, including me! and included pix of our blocks in her book. Three of my blocks are in the book, I was thrilled, to say the least plus I received an autographed copy from Barbara Brackman. Wow. Link to my blog post and the 3 blocks that were included.

Food for thought! With my goal of getting UFOs worked on and finished in 2016, sitting on the fence about joining in. After all, many of my UFOs are previous BOWs and BOMs made following Barbara's blogs. =^.^= However... I do have an overabundance of Civil War and calico fabrics crying out to be made into quilts. That would fall under the category of using up stash, right?

Enjoy your week
Off to work for me while I mull this one over ;0)
Tot ziens, Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!