Monday, November 7, 2016

Split Decision

Split Decision 

... my version of Don Linn's Split Decision 

Almost finished to a flimsy over the weekend :0) 
I have one last piece to add... a circle will be pieced into the lower right corner

Started Friday in a curved piecing workshop with Don Linn 
and finished to a flimsy over the weekend.  Saturday at Leslie's and Sunday at HRQ. 
Love my sew group weekends! My top evolved with changes from Don's original pattern
and quilt shown here...

that's part of the fun! Very abstract especially for me and so out of my box, again! 

Last week Don was Annie's Star Quilt guild's guest speaker and workshop for November. As our speaker Don spoke mostly about his machine quilting and gave lots of tips and tricks he has developed over the years doing Free Motion Quilting. He does both, at a sit down domestic and has a longarm. Don has three books published, one on curved piecing and Art Deco quilt tops...

and two on FMQing plus a DVD. I learned allot and hope the guild will ask him back to do a FMQing workshop. No longer afraid of curved piecing, he has a simple but effective approach that works! 
Curves ahead!!! 

Enjoy your week
Tot ziens, Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!