Thursday, January 12, 2017

Halo Star Medallion

The Halo Star is the center of the medallion 
and part one of this year's The Quilt Show BOM 
Designed by Sue Garman

My Halo Star finished over the weekend. 
With the news about Sue Garman this week 
made it bittersweet to have this first block finished. 

This star is a variation of a Feathered Star
Completely paper pieced. It's been a while since I've done any paper piecing 
and I had forgotten how much I like it, once I got back in the groove... 


My fabrics are from my stash and comprise a couple of different collections. 
The center of the star is Three Sisters 
and all of the small parts are from a Moda collection called Rites of Spring 
with lots of paisley prints
. The background fabric is a cream paisley print from P&B by Alex Anderson.
Fits as this BOM is thru The Quilt Show :0)
Tonight's a full moon 
We have a little break in storms so it may be clear and bright tonight!

Lori posted on FB about how she equates blue and white with winter,
totally agree!

Tot ziens, Jo





1 comment:

  1. Well done. Paper piecing and me don't always get along.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!