Sunday, February 9, 2014

MidWinters Blue progress

Playing with different options with the triangle pieces of the blocks. I also added another color, a sort of dark coral/orange/red. It picks up that color in the blue fabrics.
I love putting Civil War fabrics together and mixing in a few other fabrics for fun. MidWinters Blue is a QAL Lori @ Humble Quilts started two weeks ago. Part 3 is now posted with sashing. I have some catching up to do with extra blocks to make in order to reproduce the original inspiration quilt.
Inspiration quilt for Lori's QAL
These are the first 5 blocks that I made for part 1

Then decided to make more and add the alternate blocks to reproduce the inspiration quilt. 

First bowl has HSTs for the dark square blocks, middle for the light and blue bowl HSTs are for the 1/2 blocks. Toying with the idea of adding the sashing. 

We finally have rain! Three days of it!!! Not great timing for moving the longarm this weekend. Hoping to move it tomorrow. But we need the rain. This storm is just a drop in the bucket considering the drought we are facing here on the West coast.

Enjoy your Sunday and have good weather for quilting
Leaving you with a funny DH found on the web this week
Yea right!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I like your version of the midwinter blues! But I don't like those rules! I'm not going to do any of those things today. It's a sloppy looking day today, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are getting rain. I have seen news reports about how dry it has been for you all.
    Your blocks are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you are doing with Midwinter Blues!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!