Saturday, September 6, 2014

Amaretto Cottage center progress

Yesterday Janie and I worked on the center of her Amaretto Cottage quilt. Janie had the center block with the finished 6 inch blocks pieced into what will be the center of this medallion quilt. We added the green border and here we are laying out the next floral border up on my design wall. 
We finished adding that border onto the center with mitered corners. 

 This is my finished center made with Civil War repros 
and other fabrics from my stash
We have some of the 10 inch blocks that will be added next finished along with lots of log cabin blocks with 12 more to finish, four of 3 more block designs. They will all be added with setting triangles and then we will be ready to finish our quilt tops! Yea!!!
 
It's been a long process and some very challenging blocks but after yesterday's progress, we are very happy! That's on my agenda for the weekend, to finish the blocks that I was glue pinning in my last post. btw, I tested some fabric and the generic white glue and it does wash out with water. Yea! I heard from other quilter's that tried this and were also happy with the results. Roxanne's Glue Baste It was also used and a very good choice. 
Enjoy your weekend
Groetjes, Jo  

2 comments:

  1. The border stripe of flowers is an interesting choice. It gives the quilt a more spring like look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very restful pattern and the colours in your top medallion are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!