Friday, March 13, 2015

New projects

I've been keeping my eye on a couple of 2015 quilt projects. Looking to see where they are going and how they are written before jumping in. Have decided on two of them to make this year. Barbara Brackman's Stars in a Time Warp is a given. It's a BOW. Another, I started last weekend is a BOM ~ Calypso Kaleidoscope by Stephanie Soebbing with info on her website Quilt Addicts Anonymous. Access to the pattern is free on Craftsy.

This evening I worked on the 3rd section for March and did a layout up on my design wall. 

Not sewn into complete blocks yet I wanted the flexibility to move the smaller 4 1/2 inch blocks around on my design wall to play with the batiks. As usual I made a few changes to the layout as well. I was drawn to the dramatic effect of bright batiks with black and it's a medallion! I used Kona black and love it, so nice to work with! Also nice is to play with batiks, my second favorite fabrics next to CW reproduction and they couldn't be more polar opposite. It keeps me balanced! 

So far so good. The pattern is well written. Stephanie also has video instructions on u-tube, altho I haven't watched. Every fabric has been pulled from my stash, a goal this year. A link to see the entire quilt top. The center will be set on point altho right now it looks like it is. You'll see or you could just tilt your head ;0)

My quilting plans this weekend are to work on bindings and labels to finish UFOs and put these blocks together. Enjoy your weekend and make the time to take some stitches. 
  
"We will be known forever by the tracks we leave."
Native American Proverb
Tot ziens, Jo

3 comments:

  1. Wow very stunning quilt top! Nice quote. Enjoy your bindings and other pleasant duties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this! The colors are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!