Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Freezing to Flipflops and a Finish

My April goal is quilted, binding on and finished with a label.... for A Lovely Year of Finishes.
(Goal post # 83 and Finish post # 74)
  2014 MidWinter Blues QAL with Lori/Humble Quilts... 
Happy with the fabric choice added to the blocks and setting corner triangles
 I also used it for the binding.
Quilted with a feather and scroll b2b design and a border/corner set.
 And the label... with a Daf added for a Spring finish...
I had to work fast to take a few pix outside this evening, the mosquitoes are terrible already! After a weekend of thunderstorms and hail we are now in the 90's today and I'm wearing flipflops!!! This morning I tipped everything with standing water from the storm. Sadly there were a few flower casualties...

The first of my all time favorite... my China Red Poppy
The first 2 blooms are a little worse for wear from the rain and hail
Not to worry, there are many more buds ready to open soon :0)

Follow this link to see more April finishes at a Lovely Year of Finishes with Shanna and Melissa



Jo


2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful quilt! Your quilting is really gorgeous. Well done on reaching your goal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful icing on your finish!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!