Wednesday, July 15, 2015

AC medallion top is a flimsy finish

Yea! Amaretto Cottage with borders
This completes my top! 

Close up of the center medallion 

Upper left quadrant 

Pulled from fabrics in my stash to make this quilt. Lots of Civil War reproduction fabrics plus some Thimbleberries and the large floral print used for borders. The outer border was supposed to be wider but without finding more of that floral fabric, it's fine as is. One more small border was also part of the pattern was going to be the red. Instead it will be added for the binding. As is it's just the right size for a Queen size bed. I'm happy! 

Amaretto Cottage was a year plus project I worked on along with my friend Janie. It all started when Janie purchased the kit and asked for help constructing her blocks. They were a challenge! I decided to make test blocks and it grew from there ;0)
Janie's top is also finished,
we finished it earlier this year in April
We have a bunch of ideas for the quilting 
Now to find the time to do it! 
Hump day and it's going to be a hot one. Off to fire up the longarm and get some customer quilts done before it gets too hot this afternoon. Enjoy your day!

Tot Ziens, Jo


  1. Beautiful job, Jo! Your border fabric is perfect. Congratulations!

  2. Your piecing is very well done. Everything has gone together well and makes for a very pretty quilt.


Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!