Monday, July 6, 2015

Back to some piecing

Over the 4th I spent the weekend sorting thru things and made some time to do some piecing, finishing a few of the quilt blocks from Linda Ballard's workshop. It was the day of the workshop when I received 'the' phone call about my mom and the project was set aside since that day, the first week of May.

Happy with how this quilt and the fabrics are laying out. At least three of the fabrics are from collections by Jo Morton. I read on her blog recently that she has a new fabric line coming out... 'Catherine'.  *Here is a link to her blog* for a preview of the prints with my fav... paisleys! There is a link on her blog post for a pattern called Homestead by Candy Hargrove with elongated churn dash blocks. One of my favorite blocks and the reason I chose You Need a Rita, Linda Ballard's pattern for the blocks pictured above.

There will be a red pieced outer border that will complete the star points. The centers of the Churn Dash blocks are supposed to be the off white fabric but I changed it to cheddar :0) Love those little Churn Dashes set on point. 

I also pulled out the fabrics for Amaretto Cottage to decide how I am going to finish the last outer border on that quilt. Will be good to get some projects finished.  

Spent some time working on my business as well, customer quilts and updating my website with some new quilting patterns. Oh, and Michael helped me put up a two of my finished quilts in my workroom plus we hung one up in the kitchen too. It was a good weekend.

My Medallion quilt made along with a QAL Lori 
hosted on Humble Quilts in 2013

and this quilt is Connected Friends, made from fabrics 
received from a swap of celestial fabrics on AAQMB many moons ago ;0)

Tot Ziens, Jo
Take the time to make some stitches :0) 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cheddar and churn dashes, Two things that good great together! Love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is back on thanks to recent spammers!
If blogger has you set as a no-reply blogger, I am not able to reply or answer questions by email, only here in the comment section of my blog. Thank you for reading my blog!