Last weekend I started the quilting on my Medallion quilt top from Lori and Randy's SAL.
Up to now all the quilting has been done on my Juki TL-2010Q. Very different mind set from quilting on my longarm. So far it's OK, not perfect, but it is fun!
After pin basting I started in the middle. First was an outline stitch around the applique with the regular FMQ foot and a second 1/8 inch echo with the same foot. Then the 1/2 inch cross hatch. Working from the center out stitched all of the inner borders and the quarter square blocks with SID using a walking foot. Then I started FMQing on the outer border applique with the same double outline stitching.
This weekend I added wings to the birds! Using freezer paper, cut out a wing shape
pressed it to a bird and stitched around the paper template.
Removed the paper and pressed it to another bird, then a second one in reverse.
So far so good... then I started a feather fill.
Parts of it I like, some not so much.
The part I like are the larger feathers with curved spines. The rest looks like pebbling.
It is back up on my design wall while I decide if is stays or if I take out Madame Seam Ripper :~/
Back to work today. Enjoy the day, stitching away!